Welcome to Department of Zoology & Fishery Sci. Dayanand Science College, Latur. The Department of Zoology & Fish. Sci. is one of the oldest department since the establishment of the college i.e. from 1961.
Following dignitaries have worked as Head Of Zoology & Fish. Sci. Department in chronological order.
|1.||Shri. Umapati Rao||1961-1963|
|2.||Shri. Kantrao Bukey||1963-1965|
|3.||Shri. V.S. Bhale||1965-1998|
|4.||Shri. S.R. Wadikar||1998-2003|
|5.||Shri. V.V. Kapse||2003-2004|
|6.||Dr. R.V. Kirtane||2004-2011|
|7.||Dr. R.V. Solunke||2011 to till date.|
- The department of Zoology & Fish. Sci. has a good reputation and good academic performance in the region. Our staff takes all possible efforts for the over all development of students.
- The department has well furnished staff room and two laboratories we have departmental library in addition to central library.
- The department has well established museum.
- The department museum has rare and prominent animal collection.
- The Zoology & Fish. Sci. department is a spacious department with built up area of 215.9 sq.ft.
- The Department organizes educational tour every year.
- Department organizes many academic events like seminar & conferences.
- Department had Successfully organized one day syllabus workshop on 25th September 2009.
- Department had successfully organized Two day National conference on challenges to Biodiversity Conservation on 5th& 6th 2011.
- To Provide Practical Application, department had organized a three day field zoology workshop for the degree students of our district.
- The different facilities available in the department are Autoclave, Oven, calorimeter, Electronic balance, models, charts, specimens, permanent slides, microscopes, Research microscopes, microtome.
- The Department is well equipped with the advanced technical aids like L.C.D. projector, one Laptop, one Computer with internet facility.
|Name:||Dr. R. V. Solunke|
|Qualification:||M.Sc., B.Ed., Ph.D|
|Name:||Dr. Miss. R. V. Kirtane|
|Qualification:||M.Sc., B.Ed., M.Phil., Ph.D.|
|Name:||Shri. Acharya K. V.|
|Name:||Suryawanshi Santosh Madhavrao|
|Name:||Shinde Laxman B.|
|Name:||Sangave Govind Adinath|
|Designation:||Lab Attendent (Tem.)|
|Name:||Shaikh Hakkani J.|
|Designation:||Lab Attendent (Tem.)|
|Qualification:||S. S. C.|
- Organized one guest lecture on higher education system in U.S.A and scope for Indian students by shrinivas kolpuke(U.S) on 13-08-2017
- Organized one guest lecture on “Endangered and rare species” from mandar kulkarni, biodiversity expert on 03-09-2016
- Organized one guest lecture on “poisonous and non poisonous” snake from latur city by Rahul Kamble, member of biodiversity committee latur district for degree student on 03-09-2016
Co-curricular activities conducted by the Department
ORGANISATION OF WORKSHOP:
- Department organized “BLUE REVOLUTION” workshop of 3days for farmers and students in collaboration with dept of fishery govt of Maharashtra on 26,27,28 nov2017 (UGC-CPE-SKILL DEVELOPMENT)
- Organized one day short study tour to show artificial breeding by hypophysation Method at majalgoan fish form for students on date 29-08-2017
- Organized one field visit to study pond ecosystem and study of migratory birds at kavha lake latur with wildlife experts on date 27-08-17
- Organized one visit to local fish market for the students of fishery science on 31-08-2017
Research paper published:-
- Dr R V Solunke – published one international research paper
- Dr R V Kirtane – published one international research paper
- Prof K V Acharya- published one international research paper
- Dr R V Kirtane attended international conference at kumarswami mahavidhyalay,Ausa at 26-27Dec 2017
- Prof K V Acharya attended international conference at kumarswami mahavidhyalay,Ausa at 26-27Dec2017
- Dr R V Solunke elected as member of board of studies in zoology in S R T M U Nanded (19dec-2017)
- Dr R V Kirtane nominated as member of board of studies in fishery science in S R T M U Nanded .
- Dr R V Kirtane attended International Conferences on”RECENT ADVANCES IN FOOD,HERBLE,AND NANO TECNOLOGY”at college of computer science and information technology,latur on 12-13 january2018
- Dr R V Kirtane received district level award of ideal teacher from Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Vicharmanch on September 2016
- Dr R V Kirtane attended one national conference on biotechnology at COSCIT college latur on 26,27,nov-2016
- Prof S D Bondage attended one day workshop on CBCS pattern organized by SRTMUN and dayanand arts college
- Prof S D Bondage published one research paper in international journal of science and research,online journal title physico-chemical status of various borewell water from latur district,Maharashtra india volume5 issue 11,nov2016
- Prof Acharya k v published two international papers in IJSER international journal of scientific and engineering research in volume 7 sept 2016
Blue Revolution workshop
Majalgoan Tour pics